Essay Topic: “How High School Athletics has Impacted my Life”
• Applicant must have achieved at least two (2) of the following: (a) minimum of B+ average; (b) ranked in the top 25% of class; (c) ACT score of 24 or an SAT score of 1100
• Applicant must have participated in two sports for two years in each sport
• Applicant must have earned at least one varsity letter in each of two sports
• Applicant must complete application. Go to www.niaaa.org
• Applicant must have a letter of recommendation from the high school athletic administrator/director
• School athletic administrator/director must be an NIAAA member and a member of their respective state athletic administrators association
• The principal or athletic administrator/director must sign the application to ensure that the academic information submitted is accurate
• All materials must be postmarked to the NIAAA Liaison in your respective state no later than February 28
Scholarship Awards State Winners - one male and one female will each receive a plaque recognizing them as state winners
NIAAA Section Winners - one male and one female will each receive a $1,000 scholarship and a certificate recognizing them as section winners
National Winners - one male and one female will each receive a $2,000 scholarship and a medallion recognizing them as national winners in addition to attending the National Conference for Athletic Administrators in December to present their essay.
Name of Student Athlete
Congratulations to Michael and his family on receiving the $1,000 scholarship!